Beach time!

Beach time!

Friday, December 30, 2011

This battle is Mine, not yours

...This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours but God's. You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions. Stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow and the LORD will be with you.'

2 Chronicles 20:15b, 17

Today we get a two-for-one deal because this passage has 2 'fear nots' from the Lord himself. :) God brought me to these verses specifically last year as I was struggling through some stress and worry. In all of my fruitless effort to work out a situation, stress about its outcome, and anxiously await an answer, I was on my way to being all consumed. One morning I was up early spending some time with Him before the house was awake and I was really struggling. Now, there have been a couple of times in my life when I knew beyond any doubt that God was whispering in my ear. When it happens, it is so overwhelming that it is almost an audible voice. This was one of those times. I clearly heard while sitting on my couch:
 'This battle is not yours. It is mine.'
I knew that what I heard was God and that it was truth. I opened my bible and had to do some searching to find this passage and read the whole thing through. I immediately felt a sense of peace and understanding. The situation still had no resolve (and wouldn't for several months) but what did I have to worry about? God was fighting it for us!

Even when the battle seems insurmountable and even when the outcome seems inevitable, I rely on the truth that the Lord goes with us and even before us. He fights for us. As in, He doesn't need me to create a plan or worry about the result. He's got this. All I have to do is choose to be a part of God's story.

Much love and blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment