Beach time!

Beach time!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

What now?

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

I am seeking God on something right now that is WAY out of my comfort zone and that brings up feelings of timidity and, you guessed it...fear. I don't want my fear to hold me back from stepping out in something that God may want me to do but it is so easy to think of all the reasons why I shouldn't step out. But, there is one huge reason why I should. People need to see Him. Quite literally, however, when I start to work through all of the logistics of this potential plan, my palms get a bit sweaty.

Where do I go from here? Looking at this verse, power, love, and self-discipline are the polar opposites of fear and timidity. When I fear, I am not allowing the power and love of God to flow through me. When I am timid and anxious, it can be a lack of self-discipline inasmuch as I am not capturing my thoughts for Christ. I certainly don't have all of the answers and I have many more days (348!) in my "Year of No Fear" but I do know that since I started this project, in my moments of fear God immediately highlights my lack of faith and I am able to recognize it, repent,  and dwell on these scriptures that I am finding. It is such a process and perhaps this pull on my heart to work through these verses day by day was in part a preparing for some big plans. Only God knows. For now, I rest in the fact that I don't need to know the answer to every question and that God has my steps ordered. Tonight, I rest in that. And I rest in that more easily than I was able to 2 1/2 weeks ago. I can't wait to see where God has me in another 49 1/2 weeks.

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment