Beach time!

Beach time!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Building an altar of peace

So Gideon built an altar to the LORD there and called it The LORD is Peace.
Judges 6:24

I know this doesn't specifically tell us "fear not" but I am thinking about the reference to building an altar to the Lord of peace. How many things have I built altars to in my life? My need for approval, my insecurities, my selfish desires,  and my fears. Each of these and dozens more are altars in my life-things that I place before my God. How can I built an altar to my Lord of peace? Perhaps that's what this blog is about for me-building an altar one day at a time. One post at a time. One brick of God's promises at a time.

Yes, I do believe this is my altar being built. I love when God reveals something amazing to me as I am typing. I sat down tonight, tired, with hands sticky with cookie dough, ready to pound something out and finish up my project in the kitchen. Once again, God has shown up. I am going to go and pray about this altar I am building to my Lord of peace. I have a distinct feeling that this altar will replace many of those in my life. What is your altar that you have built? Maybe an altar to the Lord of peace can replace those in your life as well.

Love and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment