Beach time!

Beach time!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Feeling tired?

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear or be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6

How many days do we feel weary while fulfilling our calling? Sometimes the task can feel daunting. I often feel inadequate for the responsibility put before me. For years my single focus each day was to be a mom at home with my kids. That was where I clocked in (well, maybe I didn't clock in since moms don't really clock out!), ate my meals, and fulfilled the call that God put on the heart of me and Jeremy when we started a family. I went from being at home with the kids for 8 years to teaching, first in a private school and now in a public middle school.  They seem to be very different callings on the surface but the reality is, they are not dissimilar. Both require a pouring out of myself that requires more than I can do completely on my own.

I think any time we are doing God's work (with our families or out in the 'world'), it can be difficult. But, it is so rewarding to know that God has a purpose for my life and that I am trying daily to fulfill that well. Sometimes I do it well, sometimes I fail (today was a 'sometimes I fail' kind of day for me). In the end, though, the point is that God is the One who goes out with us. I want to remember that when I key into my classroom or my own front door.

Who is the "them" that you are afraid of? Being the grammar person that I am, I cringe at that sentence. But look at the verse. Do not fear or be afraid of them. Identify your "them" and ask God to show you His purpose with their lives. Chances are, it is someone or something that is a challenge in your life. Maybe your "them" is a feeling you carefully try to avoid, like rejection or loneliness. Remember, He goes with us and before us in all things.

Oh, Lord, may I always remember that "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." Isaiah 55:8

Remind me of your purpose and keep it close to my heart, thoughts, and lips, Oh Lord. May I remember that I represent you. That is the biggest purpose of all. Thank you for the promise of never ever leaving or forsaking us.

Love and Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment