Beach time!

Beach time!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Consider the raven

Have you ever had a day when you struggle with feeling 'less than perfect'? That was my day.It wasn't one thing-it was everything. I'm sure it's a combination of factors but, nonetheless, it was a rough day. When those days happen, I feel like the enemy whispers into my ear all sorts of ideas regarding value and worth. As in the opposite of what my God tells me in His Word. My Father tells me I am valuable; the enemy tells me that what I do doesn't make a difference. The Father tells me I have a calling to be a light in the darkness; the enemy tells me 'it is what it is and it will never change'. It is ironic that I went to bed last night knowing what verse I was going to focus on today and today was a struggle. Isn't that how it goes? So, here is the verse:
"Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable are you than the birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12:24-26
When I think about a raven, I don't conjure up an image of a pretty little song bird with beautiful feathers and a gorgeous voice. I mean, look it at. What value does it add to my life? But here's the thing, God loves that raven and cares for it simply because He made it. How much more does He love us-who are made in His image! I have immeasurable value. You have immeasurable value. Thank God my view of myself doesn't determine God's view of me. And about the worry (you knew I would get there, right?): God's will is going to prevail regardless of whether I consume myself with anxiety or just come to peace with the fact that He is on the throne and I am not. He is sovereign and I am loved. He is my Father and I am His child. Some days He just knows we need to curl up in His lap and try to rest. May we all rest today in Him.



I would love for these posts to include any discussion. You can comment here or on my facebook page. Love to you all. I am praying for anyone reading these verses-that God would use them to shape our lives.




**this was the song playing on Pandora as I was finishing this blog up. Perfect!


"We will overcome. By the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. "

Listen to the song "Overcome" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJvqQjaz87I

No comments:

Post a Comment