Beach time!

Beach time!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Do not fear-easier said than done!

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Isaiah is one of my favorite books in the bible. This love was prompted by an indepth Beth Moore bible study I did with a precious group of ladies in which Isaiah was one of the main books used. It has such rich nuggets of truth throughout the book. How many times (more than I can count) do I feel so weak and beaten down just from walking through every day stuff? Don't we have days where we just feel like we really can't handle one more thing? Sometimes it's a bunch of built up aggravations, while other times these feelings are based on something catastrophic. Regardless of why I feel this way, I end up feeling week, insufficient, and useless to anyone. It is at this moment that I have a choice to make. Will I default to fearing the unknown or resting in Christ? Too often, I choose to fear.
Recently, we had a ton of unexpected bills that hit all at one time-medical bills, a speeding ticket (me-grrr), car tags, etc. Just life. My gut reaction (and my reason for starting this verse search) was to fear the worst. Now, I KNOW that God has always carried us and provided what we need (not what I want, mind you) and I KNOW that he holds us but my emotional response was fear. Why? Because even though I trust God, the reality is that I feel like I have to have a handle on things to have peace.
I found this verse recently in Psalms.
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago" (Psalm 77:1).

So, I will choose to remember how God has upheld me in the past and I will choose to be helped and strengthened by God because I clearly can't do it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment